Wednesday, September 10

The pen is mightier than the memory

I went to Target this morning with a sizable list. I remembered the dish soap, hand soap, face wipes, waffles, pita chips, toothpaste, and Captain America: The Winter Soldier on Blu-Ray. I was super pleased with myself for making my way through the store without buying anything that wasn't on the list. But did I remember everything? No. The awesomely eclectic secondary list on my kitchen counter right now is perhaps one of my most favorite lists ever.
COFFEE
TAMPONS
That's it. I remembered everything but those two things, when, if you think about them, are pretty important. But they somehow were relegated to the Mental List, instead of the Written List. The Mental List is notoriously shady. I don't know why I depend on it so often. Especially with my advancing age. Hence, today's Mental List has morphed into tomorrow's Written List.
The coffee is for Brian.

No comments: