Friday, September 12

Television is coming! Television is coming!

Two things:
1. I'm super proud of Brian and I for not buying the new iPhone at midnight last night. Don't get me wrong, we both really, really want the new phones, but a lack of discretionary funds for the phones stopped us. And more than anything, we let the lack of funds stop us. Isn't that a grown-up decision? In the past, we've been quick to throw down the cash from savings, or wherever we could scrape it together, to get the newest phone. With this one, we're relatively comfortable waiting a while until we can pick them up. The itch is there though, and it's a deep one.
2. My Entertainment Weekly Fall TV Preview arrived in the mail this afternoon, and I've already studiously read through it and made notes as to which shows to schedule for watching. It's fun because I treat this particular issue like a toy catalog, where I read about the show, and turn the corners on the ones I'm exited about, and/or intrigued by. This fall looks like it will be a good one for television, and I may even add a few new shows to my little obsession list there on the left.
BONUS: I've decided, I think, that rather than the zen garden setting I wanted in my powder room downstairs, I'm going to go with flowers. A more Hawaiian feeling, with bright tropical colors, but still a relaxed atmosphere. I moved my favorite brightly colored vase, with some bright magenta silk roses in it, onto the bathroom counter, and I like it a lot. But the not-yet-bought bamboo accessories will still work well with this new direction. PROJECT AMENDED.

No comments: