Tuesday, September 16

Some cake would have been perfect

I had meant to make a pineapple upside down cake today.
I had meant to bake it, but then I noticed the expiration date on the box. (Yes, it was going to be a BOX cake.) Anyway, the date was August 2012. That means that I actually moved this cake from Houston to Scottsdale. The depths of my potential baking pantry is amazing.
In looking at the box date, one would think it's probably not a good idea to make the cake. But for me, it actually meant that I needed to ask my mom if it's really expired. You'll be relieved to know that she confirmed that, yes, I should just toss out the cake because of all things crazy stale.
So, no cake. And that was it. Baking that cake was going to be my one truly productive thing for today, and that possibility was ripped out of my hands by time. Time robbed me of productivity, and a sweet snack.

No comments: