Monday, September 29

And then television went "meh"

I gotta say, a couple of my shows are disappointing me at the beginning of the season here.
Tonight's Castle, for instance, was all ripe with emotional issues and no logical thinking. Sure, Castle was kidnapped from his wedding, but also, the evidence showed that he may have been involved. It didn't make any sense at all, and Beckett was all into believing the worst, which was super unattractive on her. And now the show runners have created a way to separate the lead characters with a contrived situation, that forces them to rebuild the emotional stakes of the relationship. And that, after what, seven years, is super boring. I hate rolling my eyes when watching a show, but Castle made me do it five or six times within the hour.
Am I the only person in the world that is not a fan of the Frozen arc on Once Upon a Time? I love the Elsa and Anna characters, don't get me wrong. I could watch Frozen a thousand times. But I am bored of them on Time. They are bugging me like no one's business. Once again, I found myself rolling my eyes more than I should have. When I seriously stop my brain halfway through a show and ask myself why I'm recording it, then I have to reconsider my television choices. What made me stay around? The Frozen arc will only last half the season, from what I understand. And Captain Hook, of course.
Can we talk about Hawaii 5-0? I am constantly blown away by how self-important this show is, and how it turns a basic police procedural into a national security situation. I mean, the villain this week was a guy who kidnapped a drone, which shot a whole lot of people, but was doing it so he could help a national fugitive escape via plane that landed on a Honolulu street. See? It's ridiculous. Another show that made me wonder at my DVR loyalty.
I won't pretend to even debate amongst myself whether I'll keep watching them. I will watch them. In fact, I'll probably give them the whole season to disappoint me. But I'll be okay with maybe leaving them at the end of the year.

No comments: