Thursday, September 11

And the book pile is toppled

Well, I certainly did something to lighten my mental load today.
I purged my To-Be-Read Pile. And by purged, I mean I destroyed it. I cleared it out. I killed it.
I removed the last two books, which I wasn't too impressed with anyway, and put them in the library donations stack.
The Lions of Lucerne is the opening chapter into the incredibly prolific Scot Harvath series written by Brad Thor. While the back cover read interesting several months ago, I haven't been at all interested in reading it since I brought it home.
And while I liked the movie Divergent a whole lot, I was underwhelmed by the text in the book. I read through several pages today, and was bothered by the tone, cadence and style of the written words. The movies will be my only glimpse into that particular world. And I'm okay with that.
So, having finished Dan Brown's Inferno this evening, which I did not particularly enjoy, I have only one more book left that still needs to be read: The Book of Life, by Deborah Harkness, on my Nook. This is the third book in the series, and I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow.
But you know what? My To-Be-Read Pile is empty. The top shelf of the bookcase is bare. There is space now where there seldom is some. Like I said, it's liberating. I wonder how long I can let it be like that.

No comments: