Wednesday, August 6

These must be changed for the better

My neurotic need for redoing randoms in my house has recently spilled over into the loft and the powder room downstairs.
POWDER ROOM ~ Just so you know, this room is painted red. And not really just red, but RED. I've hated it since we moved in, and I think it's time for a change. Also, I am not going to ask for permission to paint it. I don't think the landlords will care, and with the help of my trusty on-staff interior designer, it'll be done and selected well and tastefully. Tasks: Repaint walls white, or maybe that light coffee color in Syd's room. Change window treatment from its purple (yes, PURPLE) vertical blinds. Remove full-size towel rack and replace with smaller powder-room-appropriate towel rack. Figure out a color scheme and get some style in there. Color hand towels, because white is not working. Move some other art in there. Once the red is gone and I've got more leeway with the color scheme, that room will really come together.
LOFT ~ This room/area is our office, but also can be a guest space. We've got a futon in there, though I still need to learn how to lock it in the flat, bed position. Perhaps the biggest motivation behind the loft redesign is the Ikea catalog that landed in my mailbox this afternoon. Tasks: Donate the dinosaur pillows on the futon and replace with a bunch of black-and-white throw pillows (from Ikea). Donate and replace the small bookcase for Brian's dental books (at Ikea), and reorganize that corner of the room. Buy one of those cool rolling storage racks for all the extra office stuff (at Ikea). I'd like a large rug for under the Cozy Chair, as well (from Ikea). I love the Ikea catalog for this room right now.
All these ideas will, of course, be discussed and vetted with the proper collaborators. And I reserve the right to change my mind on all aspects listed above, too.

No comments: