Monday, August 25

Heaven in blue and yellow

I just read this thing about how you can spend a night in an Ikea somewhere, and I think that's wonderful. Actually, I would like to have the store to myself for the night, with no security patrol or anything, and with a large truck that was "mine" parked by the exit, that I could drive home the next morning without anyone looking inside it. That right there sounds like a dream come true for me.
What would I get? A new sofa and a couple chairs, including that new comfy corner chair thing. Some rugs; a lot of rugs. More vases than I know what to do with. Also, a whole bunch of lamps. And a bed for myself. And one for my kid. Sadly, I don't like duvets much, so the bedding section would be a bit of a letdown. But frames and knickknacks. Bookcases and dresser drawers would be heavy to move into the truck on my own, but I think I'd soldier through it.
Honestly, my mind is overwhelmed with the thoughts of what I would bring home with me. I'd refurnish my entire home, and I'd do it happily and in random colors and textures.
Someone make this happen for me. All night in an Ikea with no exit sensors or video cameras or persons in night guard gear. NIRVANA.

No comments: