Monday, August 18

Dusty, dusty, happy shoes

ITEM!: It was sssoooo nice to be back on the trail this morning. I had to do a double and triple-check of my hiking shoes to make sure no critter had settled into them before I put them on, but once on my feet, they were immediately comfortable. The sun was periodically blocked by some clouds, which is what made the hike bearable, but the rays were still ... warming ... as I walked the trail. I was pretty excited to see that the temperature this morning was in the 80s, and it looks like it may be that way for the next several days, too. It looks like the hike may become my three-times-a-week appointment exercise again, and I couldn't be happier.
ITEM!: I stayed up way too late this morning finishing the last of my Mortal Instruments books. But that means that I know everything that happened, and also, more importantly to you, I will stop talking about them. I picked up a new cheesy romance the other day, so I'll be cracking that and digging in tonight. All good things. Yay reading!
ITEM!: My random house-cleaning section today was the office. I've messed around with Brian's books so they all fit on the bookcase (I still want a new one for here, as this current bookcase is old and too frail for all those textbooks). I also cleaned out a whole bunch of my stuff, adding a pile of recyclable paper, and a bag for Goodwill, and some trash. I feel like I'm purging "unnecessary stuff," and it's awesome.
ITEM!: House projects and ideas are gurgling and bubbling in my head, and I want to do them NOW, but I must exhibit patience and create some kind of priority list.

No comments: