Sunday, August 24

Also, I missed my dogs with me

I don't know what it is about the beds in the lake hotel's rooms this summer, but I haven't gotten a decent night's sleep on any of our excursion weekends. But really, the answer is in the question: "lake hotel's rooms." They've been like sleeping on sheets of plywood, where you think maybe you can make them comfortable, but that following morning, the thoughts are deemed ridiculous. My shoulders are all cramped up; my back is stiff; and I'm so tired.
Funny side note: Sydney actually rolled off the bed last night, woke up, got back into bed, and went back to sleep. I didn't wake up at all, and she told me about it this morning. "Mom, did you hear a big 'kerplunk' last night? That was me; I fell off the bed!" She didn't get hurt, though was startled. But not startled enough to wake me up or anything, so I guess she's growing up ... and unknowingly practicing for college.
It's very easy to take for granted the comfort level of one's own bed. I won't tonight, because I am so eager to lay down right now. Comfortable beds are the best, Y'ALL.

No comments: