Thursday, August 7

A password a day, keeps the bad away

I've moved on from my e-mail address issue, and now seem to be focused on my passwords. Daddy and I were discussing the Russian theft of the billion passwords thing and considering how best to deal with passwords. Mine are, in a word, unimaginative. And their simplicity have been a concern of mine for some time, but right now, I'm feeling like they need to be changed, like yesterday.
I remember a few years ago, I bought Mom a Password Journal. I think I've decided that I could really use one of those. It'll keep track of my usernames and passwords, as well as Sydney's, for all the web sites we visit. Since this will be a written record, I won't have to depend on my mind, or my not-at-all cryptic notes in the bookmarks on my browser.
I know I must have a little spiral notebook somewhere in my desk drawers that can serve this purpose. I will find it, and I will begin to build it, changing passwords and usernames as I go along. My online security is a priority ... for next week.

No comments: