Thursday, July 31

Stop. Expectation time

I can't believe that tomorrow is August already. This year has really gone by in a blink. I mean, seven months down, five to go. And I haven't accomplished much, I don't think. But just for non-funsies, let's check out the yearly EXPECTATION tally.
I still am endeavoring to lose some pounds (#2); I am reading a whole lot, though the actual To-Be-Read Pile is still piled high (#3); I'm not writing my book, since I still don't have the idea I like, or the courage (#4); The Great Credit Card Payoff has been suspended due to lack of bonuses (#5); Sydney goes back to school next week, and that means I get back to hiking the trail, even in the August heat (#9).
My lack of EXPECTATION accomplishment is horrifying. But a few of these I have no control over, like, um, you know, I guess just the one, ... #5.
The pounds thing is a constant struggle. The To-Be-Read Pile is less interesting than The Mortal Instruments right now. Again, I have no idea for a book written by me. I begin to reconcile myself with the fact that some of this year's EXPECTATIONs will be for naught.

No comments: