Sunday, July 20

Skin feels like an inferno (get it?)

Brian said to me the other day: "Hey, how is that Dan Brown book? Is it good?"
I had to admit to him that I hadn't even started it, and that the bookmark was only in the middle of the book because it didn't have an actual place yet. I really need to get started on it. I've got three books to read before the end of August, and I really, really, really want to read other things, too.

I did a good job of getting myself too much sun at the lake this weekend. Someone explain to me why I think that the sun just won't burn me. I don't even have a rationale for the sun to not burn me, but just that it won't. Like, "I'm an Owens, you won't burn me." And time and time again, this ... let's call it ... sun false-superiority ends up being the bane of my existence. I didn't get burned enough to be in pain, but I am red enough to be mad at myself about it. Good news: I kept Sydney from too much red, though she did get pinker than I'd like on her nose and cheeks. It's hard to keep track when she's in and out of the water, and we've been on the boat for 10 hours or whatever. Ho hum. After every lake trip, I come home bemoaning my lack of sunscreen diligence. I do not know the sun that much better than the sun owns (er, knows) me. Brian got the charred arms anyway, and I wasn't in charge of him.

No comments: