Monday, July 14

Just another (not)-manic Monday

ITEM!: I stayed up too late last night watching Sunday-night television, hence the lack of blog post. One of our shows, Ray Donovan, began its new season, in addition to our watching True Blood and Last Week Tonight, so it was a full-up evening. All entertaining television, and all was well worth the staying up late. This morning was a painful one, especially since I had to get up early to get the kid to camp.
ITEM!: The Costa Concordia was successfully floated the six feet required to move the ship off the rocks and into the bay. Over the next few days, it'll be raised an additional 30 feet, and then, if all goes well, it'll be towed to an Italian shipyard where the ship will be scrapped. This continues to fascinate me, and I will continue to bring you updates, whether you want them or not.
ITEM!: Speaking of True Blood, I honestly didn't think that Eric Northman could be any more one of my TV boyfriends, but lately, he's totally shot up the list to the top. The last couple episodes have been a DVR-and-rewinding delight, and oh my god, to be wanted by such a person. My crush is in full force, and all bets are off. I'm about three more viewings of this latest episode away from buying a frickin' poster for my bedroom. UPDATE: I just checked Amazon for Eric Northman posters, and while there are some that are good, none of them are what I'm looking for. Also, there will be True Blood Pop! vinyl figures, and the Eric one is available on July 30. Looks like I'll be collecting a couple more of those things. (I already have Mary Poppins. I'm constantly hunting for Daryl Dixon. My spirit animals are varied.)
ITEM!: There is a clearance sale at Old Navy, and I'm dying to get there. I got too lazy for it today, for no real reason, so it's on my list for tomorrow. I need stuff. You know what I wear a lot of? Capri sweat pants. I've got a pair Mom and Howie bought me in Nantucket that are falling apart at the seams now. I bought another pair at Old Navy a couple months ago, but having only one pair is not cutting it. I wear them, like, every day. And I need more. Those, and other randoms for myself and my kid are what I'm looking for.
ITEM!: I need to get started on Inferno, by Dan Brown, which is the book I've selected to read next. It's downstairs right now, and I really do have the time and energy to start it right now, but I think I'll wait for tomorrow. An extra hour sleep will do me good tonight. ... I'm into the Mortal Instruments series though. The first book was good, and it's hooked me into what happens next. Number two is now on my list for when I'm done with this list.

No comments: