Wednesday, July 2

Ice cream should taste better than that

ITEM!: Sydney and I tried to make blueberry ice cream this afternoon. It was not entirely successful. I had thought that just making the vanilla recipe and adding blueberries to it would be the right course. And the blending of the blueberries, and the ice cream making itself was positive. But all I could smell when I tried to the ice cream was the vanilla. So tomorrow (yes, tomorrow), I will try again with the ice cream base only, minus the vanilla portion of the recipe. And I'm going to double-up on the blueberries. I will succeed at this ice cream-making venture, by hook or by crook.
ITEM!: I had some major mole-removal surgery this morning. Not really "major," but it was a pretty big mole on my back that needed to be scraped off. I had it biopsied a couple months ago, if you'll remember, and it's fine, but the doctor thought it would be better to remove the entire thing. With the middle third of the mole already gone, all that was left was for the doctor to remove the two thirds on each side. The topical anesthesia worked just fine, but I've got to tell you, it's a sore and itchy spot right now. She did tell me that the biopsy spot healed up perfectly, which made me feel like I was a good, cooperative patient. I shall be sure that the other two spots heal up well, too. (Of course, since they're on my back, they are more Brian's responsibility than mine.)
ITEM!: My nose has decided to be stuffed up. It's like, I was halfway through making the ice cream and my right nostril slammed shut, and I've been sniffing the whole rest of the day. I will not tolerate this kind of nonsense. It will not happen. I will make the nose snot go away!

No comments: