Wednesday, July 30

Distractions and random projects

Wait. So it's been four days since I posted something?
I could swear that it had only been a day or two.
Such is the tractor beam, laser-like focus of reading books, just as I mentioned to you earlier last week. Trust though, that my kids have all been fed, my daughter has clean clothes, and my house is not a disaster zone.
I finished books two and three of the Mortal Instruments series, and am eager to dig in to books four and five, which are just waiting for me on my nightstand right now. Brian and I watched a movie doubleheader today, featuring The Secret Life of Walter Mitty and Robocop (2014), neither of which I highly recommend. The highlight of my day was discovering a spelling error on a television ad this afternoon. Also, I finished the pink and orange popcorn portions of the popcorn jigsaw puzzle on the dining room table. I also applied for three jobs tonight, and one of them I am actually supremely qualified for, so that would be cool. I sent a follow-up letter to the freakishly candid cover letter I wrote a couple weeks ago, essentially saying, "Really? No response? Come on! Okay, fine, Here it is again." So, we'll see if we get a reaction to that.

No comments: