Thursday, July 24

B - B - B - B - B - Burgers ...

You know when you eat way too much heavy food, and then you spend the entire afternoon kind of waddling around all slowly and uncomfortably? Yeah, that happened to me today. Mom, Sydney and I went to an awesome hamburger joint, which was a great idea. Then, we ordered and ate too much food, which ended up not being a great idea. I started with a orange soda float, which was delicious. Thankfully, we decided against the artichoke dip for an appetizer. I had a huge (because that's the only way to have them there) hamburger, with smoked mozzarella and smoked Applewood bacon. Also, I ordered zucchini fries to go with the burger. These fries were a larger order than I remembered, and in fact, filled up an entire plate. Mom ordered onion rings with her burger, so she couldn't be too much help with the destruction of the zucchini. Again, thankfully, we decided against dessert. But I finished most of the float.
And then, I spent the afternoon moving lethargically, groaning whenever I sat down, and just living with that general feeling of ... blah * fat * blah.
The most frustrating thing is that a mere six hours later, I was all hungry again. My goodness, it would work out so well if after a meal like my lunch, I was able to survive for a day or two without getting hungry or eating. No doubt I ate enough calories to get through the next couple days without any additional incoming food. Alas, my stomach digested all that food, and was then ready for more.
I fear for my tomorrow, for which Mom and I have already scheduled out our meals. Mexican for lunch, and then delicious Italian for dinner? But of course! I'll be hungry by then!

No comments: