Wednesday, June 4

Two thumbs up! Peeps, go see it!

I think I need to start writing the blog earlier in the evening, because when I let it sit until last on my list of tasks for the computer, I find myself too tired and mentally exhausted. I'm hunting for topics and dreading the time it'll take me to write before I can go to sleep.

Factual statement of the day: I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, Maleficent.
Brian, Sydney and I saw the film this morning, and I find myself still musing on the premise, execution and conclusion with a smile. But here I sit, really unable to discuss the movie at length, or even in theory, without giving out some major spoilers. And I refuse to ruin the movie for you all, so I'm keeping my mouth (or fingers, I suppose) quiet.
But let me say this, in as vague language as I can muster. I loved seeing the origin story of Maleficent. I enjoy that my favorite villain is getting some big-screen treatment. Angelina Jolie did my girl some justice, by being both super scary and totally awesome. The visuals were fantastic. And the film itself left me very satisfied story-wise, with plenty of plot twists different from the cartoon movie years ago.
While this Maleficent is still the best, I'll admit that Jolie's villain did turn my head and warm my villain-loving heart.

No comments: