Monday, June 2

June's first ITEM! list

ITEM!: So, here it is ... June. And the official beginning of the summer. Granted, last week was pretty awesome for not being officially summer yet, but here we are, with a full month of summer activities ahead of us. Summer camp, swimming pools, fun movies, ice cream and fantastic visits with friends and family.
ITEM!: I'm super excited about this summer, you guys. We have an abundance of plans, from this month into the next. Sadly though, I may have to excuse myself from yard work. I did some weeding this afternoon, and was dismayed to discover that I developed a blister on my thumb. I could almost consider it workman's comp, you know. But the blister is growing, and becoming more annoying with every minute. You don't pop a blister, of course, but what do I do with it if it gets all huge and bulbous? That will be inconvenient on my writing hand.
ITEM!: Cooper turns six months old tomorrow. He's been here with us for three and a half months. I'm exhausted from puppy, peeps. He's so active: always all full of teeth and running. I don't think Oliver has had a peaceful night's sleep since February, either. And with all that factual information, as well as a dramatic increase in humping activities, I will make the phone call tomorrow to estimate the cost of neutering. Poor kiddo. But he's out of control.
ITEM!: Brian shifted the position on one of the spotlights in my kitchen while I was gone. Who knows why he decided that it needed to be done; he couldn't give me a real reason. But it is driving me batty. I can't remember exactly where the light is supposed to go, and that makes it even worse. And whenever I try to move it, it goes all extreme, pointing straight down to the floor, or quick to the right. There's no finessing this light, at all. I'll mess with it some more, no doubt, and will eventually get it right again. Who needs a closed cabinet spotlighted instead of a counter? Honestly!
ITEM!: It's time to dig in to Summer Reading List 2014! First up: The Witch's Daughter, by Paula Brackston. Let's see if we can't get that started tomorrow!

No comments: