Sunday, June 22

A Sunday ITEM! list

ITEM!: This picture showed up on my Twitter feed, and I fell in love. It must be the sunrise behind the balloons, right? It's super magical, don't you think? In fact, I like it so much that I made it my new cover photo on FB. Pictures like these make me really angry that I'm not traveling more these days.
ITEM!: Finally, True Blood's new and final season began tonight. I say "finally" because it means that we're all done with our binge watching of the previous seasons. My poor baby was all, "Are you really finished? May I come downstairs now?" Of course, as any of you who have seen the show are aware, it is not at all a show appropriate for the kiddos. Sydney's been relegated to upstairs activities whenever Brian's been watching it, and we've been committed to her not being exposed, to the point where I stood at the stairs a couple times to be absolutely sure that she didn't see anything that was going on. So, tonight's episode has happened, and now we can sit back and relax for a week for the next installment.
ITEM!: Sydney's camp experience next week demands earlier wake-up times for me. She's typically awake at 6 a.m. anyway, but for me, well, that'll be an inconvenience. However, the up-earliness is worth the solitude and quietness I'll be getting this week, to be sure. I've already told Brian that I'm going to the movies tomorrow morning.
ITEM!: Also tomorrow, I need to check out my closet for clothes and outfits to take to Vegas this weekend. The last of my awesome girls is getting married later this summer, and her bachelorette celebration is this-coming weekend. I'm really looking forward to it, though the drive out will probably be my highlight (yay road trip with Andrea!), and I'm really excited about shopping in the ABC Store on the Strip. I've decided that the weekend is going to be as much for me as for Michelle and the girls, so I'm blocking out some time to do stuff I want to do. Maybe breakfast at Paris, and a walk along the Strip to watch the Bellagio fountains? Also, I'd like to read some in addition to getting my 50/50 drink on at the cabanas. I've got plans, people, and I'm looking forward to them.

No comments: