Thursday, April 17

Visible aging will not be tolerated

I went to the dermatologist for the first time in a long time this morning. The doctor was totally cool, and I got all checked out. Full body skin cancer check: CHECK! I had a small and specific list of issues that I wanted to have looked at, and I'm excited to say that of the four, only one was a cause for further investigation. The funky spot on my back was biopsied, and I should know what that's all about next week. But get this, the weird, light-colored thing on the bridge of my nose? It's an AGE SPOT. The f*ck you say! But yes, it's an age spot.
That's crazy talk right there. My forties are pissing me off. I continue to bear witness to my body showing signs of age. This is not cool.
"At least it's not a dark color," says the doctor. "And no one can see it, really."

No comments: