Monday, April 14

Strangers shouldn't text me

Why is it so creepy when you get a text that is a wrong number? Is texting so very intimate to me now that I am justified in being super uncomfortable with the wrong-number text I just received? It's from a girl in my area code who just got home, and texted someone to let them know. And she doesn't have her phone; she's using someone else's. The first text, sure, you ignore. The second one though, you kinda have to respond to, just so they know that they have the wrong number and will stop texting you. And that's what I did. I was very polite. But now I'm sitting here all nervous with butterflies that the person will text me back. Why does that make me nervous?  How weird.
But now it's been, like, 10 minutes and she hasn't texted me back. So, that's comforting.
I'm gonna go back to my book now.

No comments: