Monday, April 21

I'm down to 48 minutes now

I've only got an hour and 17 minutes to eat something, before I have to fast for the rest of the night and into tomorrow morning. If I told you I was fasting to make some kind of social statement, I'd be lying. Instead, I'm fasting for blood work for my physical tomorrow.
I can't remember the last time I had an official physical. I know that ever since I started visiting a gynecologist every year, I stopped getting yearly physicals. So, that's, what, at 18? So, the last time I had a physical was when I was 17? That seems like a really long time ago. (We'll ignore the truth of that last statement.)
Am I nervous? Um, yep. Not that I have any real issues or concerns with my health, but it's all fun and games until you either get an "all clear" or a shot of bad news. I'll be nervous until I get the results, whatever they are.
An early appointment in the morning means I won't be fasting too terribly long, which is a good thing. I'm fantasizing about where I'll pick up something yummy after the appointment, and I just had a brilliant realization. The KRISPY KREME is but minutes away from the doctor's office!

No comments: