Monday, April 28

He's thinking, "Sure, she'd be great!"

So, I think I should be the person to take over The Late Late Show from Craig Ferguson when he leaves at the end of the year. I'm supremely qualified not-at-all. Well, ... in that I've no experience as a stand-up comic. But I do know how to interview people, and I can make them feel super important and like I really, really care about what they're saying. I can certainly giggle with random robots, dancing pandas, runaway horses and someone off to the right of me. Also, I'm quite good at sitting behind a desk. I can tweet and Facebook with viewers. I can fangirl all over so many different celebrities and authors, and politicians, and humanitarians, and smart girls. I also can be "controversial," you know, with my blue-leaning opinions, gay marriage support, and strong women's rights issues activism. I can be funny, CBS, I swear!
It's time for a woman to be sitting behind one of those desks on late-night television, CBS. And not some super, made-up, all-plastic girly girl, either. CBS, you need a real person. Like me. I can be funny, too!
If I can't be an astronaut, perhaps late-night talk-show host is more plausible.

No comments: