Thursday, April 24

F*ck off, mean girl Taylor

So what do you do, when a bitchy little girl in a second-grade class, walks up to your daughter, tells your daughter all about the plans for her great birthday party and how much fun she's going to have, and then tells your daughter that she wasn't invited. ... I mean, really. What do you do?
I get pissy on my kid's behalf, certainly. This other little girl, we'll call her TAYLOR (because that's really her name), has a history of saying not-nice things to Sydney. I've told Syd many times to just stay away from Taylor, because she's not a good friend. Good friends don't say that you're too young to be in second grade. Good friends don't argue with you about the year you were born. Good friends don't be mean. This little punk, Taylor, is not a good friend.
But apparently, Taylor went out of her way to find Sydney today, and tell her about the birthday party. Syd wasn't even playing with her; wasn't anywhere near her. And Taylor did this. Clearly, Taylor has issues of some kind. To actively look for someone just to be a fucking bitch to them? I mean, there's something not right in that head.
So, I told Sydney to just stay away from Taylor; to tell Taylor that she's just "not being nice"; and to not let Taylor bug her. Syd told me that she wasn't upset about it, and she seemed pretty cool while talking about it, but it must have bothered her a little, because she thought to tell me about it.
Brian's response, of course, was rude. My gut instinct was rude, too, though not as rude. And it's not that I don't want Sydney to be able to fight fire with fire when someone says something intended to hurt her feelings, because I do want her to. I want her to have the wit and ability to tell someone rude to fuck off. It's important that she know how to do that. But I don't think she's ready for it yet.
I suppose the best revenge is for Sydney to not even think about Taylor's birthday party this weekend, because it's way lamer than everything we're going to do, because we're awesomer than stupid Taylor and her ridiculous party.

No comments: