Wednesday, March 5

My backyard smells really good

The most awesome thing is happening in my backyard right now. My fruit tree is blossoming, and smelling really good. I've got a ton of white flowers all over my tree. Some of them are blooming, others are white flower buds, and so many more are just green buds.
I'm thinking that this must mean that the tree is an orange tree. Orange blossoms smell awesome, right? I don't remember our lime trees blooming flowers like this, and I certainly don't remember them smelling so good.
And now that I've just spent the last few minutes looking at pictures of orange blossoms, I am now sure that an orange tree is what I've got growing in the backyard. The flowers look exactly like this. What an amazing bit of smelly happiness.
And even though I'm giddy at the idea of having oranges, I still would rather it be a lime tree.

No comments: