Saturday, March 8

Magazines, they make a mind good

I had aspirations to read all my magazines today. I have a lovely pile about two inches tall of various periodicals, including but not limited to Real Simple, Vanity Fair, InStyle, This Old House, and Raising Arizona Kids.
No single magazine would take any time at all to read, but the pile as a whole is a bit intimidating. So, it continues to sit on a shelf in my nightstand: mocking me; talking about me; and whistling quietly to me every time I'm in the room with it.
I figure, if I lower my expectations for a mass reading, and instead roll with a one-at-a-time philosophy, I'll eventually make it through all these magazines. Until next month's arrive. Some of you may say, well, why subscribe if you have to force yourself to read them? That's a dumb question. Magazines are awesome, and relevant, and are excellent sources of information. This magazine editor will never turn away from her favorite magazines, so leave me alone. I just need a couple hours to get through these here first.

No comments: