Saturday, March 1

Just because it's raining right now

ITEM!: So, it did some raining today. Not a constant downpour, but some definite rain showers here and there. Right now, my backyard is more poolish than dry rock bed, and I've had to close most of my windows to keep any water from getting into the house. GOOD NEWS: Cooper isn't afraid of the weather, and came inside wet a couple times throughout the day. BAD NEWS: The water was too deep for him to find anywhere comfortable to pee right before bed tonight, and now I'm all concerned about his bladder.
ITEM!: Mom and I were able to start and finish one of my household projects this afternoon before I took her to the airport. I had some random metal valances over my horizontal blinded windows in the dining room and living room that served no purpose aesthetically or practically, and they bugged me. We uninstalled them, tossed them in the trash, and painted over the installation spots. So now my walls are clean and smoother, and make sense.
ITEM!: I wasn't able to take Mom on the hike this morning, like we had planned, because of the rain. Now, because rain is so needed and awesome, I won't complain about it, but I will say that I was really looking forward to taking Mom on the hike. Sydney, who complains about the hike every time, also was disappointed. Well, Mom will be back in a couple weeks, and she'll get to hike then.
ITEM!: Dallas Buyer's Club is a good movie, but it's not one that I think I'll ever have to see again. It was extremely well acted, and well made. And I liked the heart behind it. But I guess I have an aversion to movies that I know will not end well for the main protagonist. If the main guy had AIDS in the 80s, you just know that it won't be a happy ending for him, right? It's like movie Blackfish; I know it'll just make me super sad and angry to watch, so I'm avoiding it, even though I know that it'll be good. It's on my Netflix queue, but it's just hanging out for now.
ITEM!: My magazine backlog has gotten pretty ridiculous. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow, if it's still raining. Also, the Oscars are tomorrow night!

No comments: