Wednesday, March 12

Aromatherapy is a fantastic thing

I'm in need of a delicious local lavender farm.
I'm almost out of my hand and body lotion from Chapel Hill Lavender Farm in Chapel Hill, Texas. It has lasted this long because I've used it sparingly and prudently. But now, I'm seriously running low. And when it comes to lavender, I really like to stick with local purchases.
I spent a few minutes on the Internets this morning looking at lavender farms in Arizona, and was pleasantly surprised to find that there were more than four different farms in the state. Only a couple of them seemed interested in having visitors. But all of them are a couple hours drive from us here.
I'll be looking forward to the art festival at the end of the month to see if any of them come down here to peddle their wares. I'm so particular about the tone and nuance of my lavender lotion that I won't just buy something online without knowing its scent. Lavender lotion is atop my need-to-get list.
[ASIDE: As I was checking out the images for lavender online, I noticed a headline asking if lavender could be used as a wedding bouquet, and I was instantly pissed off that I didn't know that was a possibility. Not that I didn't love my roses, and the Belles of Ireland, but lavender would have been super yummy to smell wafting up, as we listened to Elvis. END OF ASIDE.]

No comments: