Tuesday, March 11

And then it was time for bed

Today's post lends itself to another ITEM! list, but I don't like doing those posts too close together. So, my completely random listings will be based on the television shows I've watched tonight.
The Originals ~ I had to break out the Mom Voice so many times today that having to do it one last time tonight to get Sydney to put on her pajamas for bed gave me a headache. And since we're out of Advil, I'm surviving as best I can with sporadic cold compresses to the forehead. I hate speaking in Mom Voice. We had a talk about that tonight, but I don't believe for a second that she'll start responding to anything after the first request, no matter what she promises.
Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ~ I have finally finished all the magazines I had in my nightstand pile. Even the magazines that arrived in today's mail have been read and dispatched to the recycle bin. I feel pretty good about myself because of this. I may even start reading a book soon. You know, now that I've reminded myself that I am capable of reading.
Cougar Town ~ The bulk trash pickup in my neighborhood is sometime this week. People along the street have big and small piles here and there. A gripe is, of course, that some of these "bulk" items are large cardboard boxes, which these people should have just broken down and put in their recycle bins. But more to the point of why I'm telling you this, is that there is a log-constructed ladder that's about five feet tall, that one of my neighbors has put out on the curb. I'm intrigued with it as an outdoor plant stand of some kind, after it's been weather treated. So, what's the etiquette for absconding with someone's bulk trash? If it's on the curb, it's fair game, right? Or is this consideration gross?
The Daily Show with Jon Stewart ~ Katy and I had a Ben & Jerry's ice cream tasting today! Surprise of all surprises: we kinda liked all of them. Peanut Butter Jam Session is a peanut butter ice cream, with peanut chunks and swirls of raspberry jam. I am shocked as hell that I liked that one. Rockin' Blondies is brown sugar ice cream with butterscotch chunks. It was good, and not as sweet as you might think. Still, That's My Jam is the clear favorite. I have to tell you how happy I am that I'm the fun aunt that has a lot of random ice cream in the freezer.
Well, that's all I've watched tonight, so that's all I'll blog about.

No comments: