Monday, March 17

And now we know how to fight it

I have SINUSITIS. Very exciting. But at least I know that mine and mom's medical diagnosing skills are on point. The doctor at the urgent care this morning gave me prednisone to reduce the inflammation, and a prescription for five days worth of it, which should take care of this relatively quickly. I also have a prescription for an antibiotic, which I was told to not fill for a few days, to give the steroid some time to work first. It's not bacterial sinusitis, so the antibiotic won't work excellently well at first, I guess. I took my first dose of prednisone this morning right after the doctor's appointment. I have to say, at this point, more than 12 hours later, I really thought I would be feeling even a little better. But my nose still hurts, my sinuses are still throbbing, and I'm still in a bad mood because of it. I'm really happy that I took care of it (somewhat) today, because it's really uncomfortable.
Speaking of uncomfortable, I also got a mammogram today! Because in addition to head irritation, we should just add chest waffle-ironing, too. The clinic I visited today wasn't as lush as the one in Houston, but it was still very nice, and very calming. I got squozed (not a real word) a lot. Happily, we are done with that for a year ... unless we're not. And in that case, another mammogram is the least of my issues.
Speaking of issues, Sydney and I had a chat about her participation in Animal Jam, and while she's mad at me and slammed her door because her chat options are now so limited, she wasn't mad enough to not speak to me at bedtime. And she still loves me. But I was told earlier, "You know, I'm pretty mad right now. And I don't want to talk to you." I can live with that, kiddo, if it keeps you safe online and keeps me from freaking out. Irish.
Speaking of Irish, today's only excellentness comes from the fact that it's St. Patrick's Day. Other facts: Corned beef and cabbage is not an Irish dish. Do not write it as St. Patty's Day; it is St. Paddy's Day. There are more Irish people in the United States than in Ireland. A day celebrating my Gramps and his leprechaun-ness is awesome, as was my conversation with Sydney this morning, where I got to tell her how wonderful he was, and how much he would have loved her, and how much we all miss him.

No comments: