Monday, February 3

Gonna add "sugar junkie" to my bio

I'm afraid I may have a real problem.
It seems as though I am incapable ... INCAPABLE ... of going an entire day without some kind of sugary confection. What the hell. I mean, who buys a cake when there's a one-pound box of See's in the pantry?
I mean sure, it sounds like all kinds of fun, but I feel like I don't have any control over myself. And that's a little frightening. Today, just today, I think I hit rock bottom. It occurred to me this afternoon that I have a sickness. I think I have a sugar addiction. If it's not a brownie, or a piece of candy, or a cookie, it's something else I simply should not be eating. And the idea of going an entire afternoon without sampling any of them was painful. Honestly, I couldn't do it. Well, I did go the afternoon, but I couldn't roll all night without any. My husband and child can be blamed for that.
Why does giving myself the challenge of not having anything sugary all day tomorrow fill me with terror? What is this feeling? Am I a junkie?
Holy crap, I'm a sugar junkie.
Admitting your addiction is the first step to defeating it, right?
RESOLUTION: The cake goes in the trash tomorrow. I ate the last piece of brittle tonight, so that's no longer an issue. All I have to really curb myself from eating is the cinnamon hearts and the scotchmallows. That's no easy feat, to be sure, but I think I can do it.
This is stupid. I'm stronger than this. The sugar junkie needs to get a handle on this.

No comments: