Tuesday, February 4

I triumphed over candy today

ITEM!: I think I'm going through withdrawals. I have had the weirdest ... metallic ... headache all afternoon. But, I did it! No candy or chocolate or any kind of sweet all day! Am I proud of myself? I guess so, though I don't see how just one or two of the cinnamon hearts could have hurt me. But what I did notice was how often my eyes would take note of the candy bowl, or the sweets in the pantry. I was so super aware of it because of my challenge, that I really noticed every time I looked at the candy and just thought about grabbing some (or one). The gauntlet is thrown; can I do it again tomorrow?
ITEM!: I just dumped a trunk and front seat full of stuff at the clothing donation bin and at Goodwill. I had to get the trunk emptied because tomorrow, we head off to Target to buy our backyard furniture. I redeemed a boatload of American Express Membership Reward points for a gift card with the specific intent of buying a table and chairs for outside. I can not wait. It's going to be awesome to have some chairs out there. Time to enjoy some weather!
ITEM!: Ceiling fans get dirty. Like, crazy dirty. I noticed all the dust on the fan in my bedroom a while ago, but just got to cleaning it last week. I am aware that the fan downstairs also is really dirty, but I haven't gotten to it yet. I suppose it's on tomorrow's list now, since Brian, Sydney and I had a conversation about how dirty the fan is earlier tonight.
ITEM!: I'm irrationally irritated that all my television shows are taking a couple weeks off because of the Olympics. Granted, I would not be watching them every night because of the Olympics, but still, I don't like waiting weeks to find out what happens next. Also, a lot of equally funny and horrifying stories are coming out of Sochi these last couple days. As much as I really hope that everything goes well, this train wreck is totally fascinating to me.

No comments: