Monday, January 27

Uncle Sam may want me; a red Arizona may not

I picked up voter registration information for Brian and I at Sydney's school the other day. Right now, he's registered in Texas, and I'm registered in California. It's always been my goal to stay registered to vote in California until gay marriage is legal. I wanted my vote to be a part of that.
Well, my vote counted, and now I'm ready to move on to my next conquest. I've got you in my head, Arizona! And I need to be able to vote on the issues that affect me and my family every day.
I'm pissy I wasn't able to vote on the school district funding proposition. I'm annoyed with all the RED in Arizona, and I'd like to make it a bit more BLUE. In that vein, I want to be a vocal pro-choice, pro-school, anti-gun, and anti-hate voice in this state. I understand that gay marriage may not become legal in Arizona while I'm alive, but I'd like to do my part as often as possible. Also, I'm a big fan of fighting for women's rights, and Arizona women need every voice they can get to make their cause heard, and keep their rights protected, in the state building. Also, Jan Brewer is an idiot, and Joe Arpaio needs to get a new job.
My goal for Arizona, with my vote: Make it bluer than it's ever been. Protect a woman's right to choose. Make gay marriage a recognized life choice. Stricter gun control. Protect the environment, school funding, and public safety organizations.
I'm getting pretty excited, to tell you the truth, to make this change.
Rock the vote, right?

No comments: