Wednesday, January 1

10 ... TEN ... things for 2014

So much pressure in composing the first blog post of the year!

Let's talk expectations. I have a few.
EXPECTATION #1: I start by telling you that I re-read last year's January 1 post, and discovered (to my horror) that getting my cracked windshield fixed has been a yearly goal for two years now. Yes, TWO years: 2013 and 2012. It's actually going to get done this March, as Brian and I have decided, so that'll be positive.
#2: I will again make it a goal to lose some pounds. My extra motivation this year is Sydney's harmless throwaway comment last week that I have a "big" tummy. This must change. I will not continue to have a "big" tummy.
#3: Books, of course. I need to get through this To-Be-Read Pile I have.
#4: Writing. I need to be writing. Tara gave me a good pep talk when she was in town over Thanksgiving, and basically told me to get my head out of my ass and get to work. I'll never sell a book, or finish a book, if I don't actually sit down and start writing one. I shared my idea with her, and she dug it, which meant a lot more confidence-wise than I thought it would. I'm going to start devoting actual blocks of time to writing while Sydney's in school. I'm thinking three hours every day she's out of the house.
#5: This year has been declared 2014: The Great Credit Card Payoff. Happily, Brian and I are on the same page about this, and we're excited to make some real progress over the next 12 months.
#6: Cleaning out my house has always been a favorite activity of mine. I look forward to the January cleanse of stuff we don't need or use anymore, and Sydney and I will get started on that this week. Clothes, stuff, more stuff, and then the other stuff. I'm going to be busy this week and next.
#7: I'm going to quit my kinda job. The social media community manager thing just isn't working out, not least of all because I haven't been paid, which was due on the 20th, and I haven't gotten a response to my request from this past Monday. Brian has decreed that I should "quit that f*cking job," because "the ass won't pay" me, and "we don't need" that kind of inconsistency. Again, we're happily on the same page.
#8: It's an excellent new tradition to take down the Christmas tree on New Year's Day. I'm a huge fan of dragging the dead tree out of my house, and I found that I like all my Christmas decorations more when there's no tree in the living room. Sure, maybe there's less ambiance, but I definitely like it better today than yesterday.
#9: Hiking through the park is a new mother-daughter activity that Sydney and I will enjoy immensely, whether she likes it or not, and it begins tomorrow. Our day's good time will be the hiking trail at the local park, and I've decided that it will be fun, and engaging, and healthy, and full of delight. As I said, whether she likes it or not.
#10: Outdoor patio furniture. It's a requirement that we get some soon.

No comments: