Sunday, December 15

So many candy canes, so little time

ITEM!: I'm feeling overwhelmed. It's like, all of a sudden, I've got a boatload of Christmas present shopping to do, and not enough time to do it. Granted, if I just make my lists and stick to them, all the while staying disciplined and focused, I could probably knock it all out in a few days. Which actually, is a good thing, because I have only a few days. I should be able to take care of everything in about three stops, i.e., Target, Barnes & Noble, Fashion Square. I am determined, and will be disciplined and focused as well, because Christmas needs to get its shit together.
ITEM!: I feel gross and fat too, like I'm a stuffed turkey, all bulging with stuff that is unnaturally in my body. Sure, it was delicious Mexican food, but perhaps not all of it should have made its way inside me. I think tomorrow will begin a bit of a cleanse, where I eat minimally for a few days. (She says, fully aware that there is a Krispy Kreme right down the street from the Barnes & Noble.) I foresee protein shakes for dinner this week, as well. Yes, definitely protein shakes for dinner. Because I feel nasty after tonight's dinner.
ITEM!: Brian keeps asking me what I want for Christmas, but I'm at a loss. I can't think of a single thing that I want. Sure, I've got a list of monthly things I'd enjoy, like trips out to California, Molly Maids, pedicures and eyebrow waxes, but not any one thing that I'd like for the holiday. And yes, I've got projects I'd like to have taken care of, like the printer fixed, and the dry cleaning done. I'd also like a table and chairs for outside so we can enjoy decent weather when it's here. But nothing just for me. Perhaps if I spent some time wandering the mall I would think of something, but just hanging out in my head and wondering, I come up with nothing. *sigh* Certainly, there are worse things than this concern, like needing everything, so I'm not complaining (though that is what it sounds like). I just feel like I'm disappointing him.
ITEM!: Sydney was feeling well enough this evening to complain to me about her lack of doing fun things this weekend. Saturday, she was a slug, and we didn't even leave the house. And while she was feeling more active today, she still spent the entire day in her pajamas and sweats, and only left the house for lunch, and to go to Loews to get more outdoor lights with Brian this evening. If she bounces back from this quickly, I'm going to be a very happy mommy. I can't help but think that keeping her home from school on Friday was the smarter thing to do. Also, cough syrup and the 11 hours of sleep she had last night.
ITEM!: List for the week ~ Christmas Shopping. Grocery Shopping. Some Baking. Fingernails. Toenails. Phone Calls. Goodwill Drop. Laundry. Dry Cleaning. Movie. Work. Etc.

No comments: