Tuesday, August 20

I've been mistaken for everything

I made a few mistakes tonight, and at this moment, I'm very much regretting them.
MISTAKE OF CURLY HAIR: I chose to not dry my hair with the hair dryer, and instead allow it to air dry. The no-dryer option always seems like a good idea when I'm faced with standing in the hot bathroom with a hot blow dryer. But it's at this point, two hours later, when I'm all, "Ugh, it's gonna be so curly tomorrow..." in my best whiny internal monologue. And it's too late to dry it straighter now.
MISTAKE OF CUPCAKE: I chose to go downstairs and slice up one of the cupcakes we bought at the bakery on Friday last week. It was kind of hard and stale, but I soldiered on and tasted it. It was not good. The harder edge of cake was crumbly, and the frosting itself was not as creamy and delicious as I like. Add to that, the cupcake was a new flavor that I couldn't remember. But at least it wasn't the coconut one. I did smell them all before I made my selection. The first and second bites grossed me out, so I tossed the rest. And now I taste icky cupcake and my tummy is mad at me.
MISTAKE OF CUTE STUFF: I chose to spend some time virtually wandering through a Pier 1 Imports, and found way too much stuff I want for Halloween (not a whole lot) and Thanksgiving (totally a whole lot). And now I want nothing more than to decorate my house for the holidays, and buy a bunch of new decor, and to have magical space where I can store everything in a single bin (like the tents in Harry Potter, you know). I did do my looking with my on-staff interior designer, who gets a discount at Pier 1, but still, there's more than I need, or should get. And now, I'm fantasizing about glittery ghosts and turkeys, and there's a lot of time before October and November.
MISTAKE OF FOOD: I chose to eat a whole lot of not wonderful things today, and my stomach is angry. My dinner of Beefy Nacho burrito (it was brought to me, not selected by me) was tasty enough, but didn't serve the purpose of nighttime nourishment. I really don't have much to say about this one, as the name of my dinner makes the mistake of it pretty self explanatory.
MISTAKE OF ENTERTAINMENT: I chose to watch Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery as my entertainment for the evening. The movie itself holds up well, and a lot of the jokes are still very solid, but now I've got that ridiculous sing-songy tune stuck in my head. And now I'll be listening to it between my ears all night, and seeing naught but Austin's teeth and chest hair every time I close my eyes.
MISTAKE OF TIRED: I chose to close my eyes for just a moment just now, and now I'm more tired than I thought I was. It was nice, and buoyant, and comfortable with my eyes closed, and I felt happy. But I still need to put my computer away, check the house's fortifications, and kiss my baby goodnight. But all I want to do is roll over and go to sleep. And now I'll be yawning, and my body will start to slow down in preparation for sleep, and I'll probably forget something I needed to do tonight. Also, shoes.

No comments: