Monday, August 26

Gerard Butler is my movie boyfriend

ITEM!: I like it when two movies are released in close time proximity with the same premise. A couple examples: Deep Impact and Armageddon; Mirror, Mirror and Snow White and the Huntsman; and Olympus Has Fallen and White House Down. Close proximity films lend themselves to comparison. But so many times, people see one and don't see the other. I saw both of the asteroid movies, but have only seen Snow White. Tonight, we watched Olympus Has Fallen, starring Gerard Butler, and I thoroughly enjoyed. I imagine we'll probably see White House Down (starring Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx), but I doubt I'll enjoy it as much. By the way, I have several movie boyfriends.
ITEM!: Yesterday, we bought and installed the perimeter fencing for the rose garden in the backyard. This fencing is not to keep out bunnies or pests like that. Indeed, the fencing is to keep Daisy out, so she can't chew up any more of the drip watering system. Now, we need to measure out the tubing that needs to be replaced and the drip heads, and head over to Lowe's to buy replacement pieces. Damn dog.
ITEM!: I enjoyed my work day at Starbucks. I tested the Starbucks Bathroom Honor System a couple times, and it was a positive test both times. But what cracked me up was at one point I turned around, and every table and flat surface was covered by someone's computer, and every seat was taken. It was about 10:30 a.m., and the place was packed full. I felt so much like I belonged! So hipster!

No comments: