Sunday, August 18

Also, Tinkerbell is a bit of a bitch

We all sat down and watched Peter Pan together this afternoon. Truth be told, I don't remember if I ever sat through the entirety of Peter Pan before. I will assume I did at some point, but it obviously didn't stick with me.
Hey, you know what? Peter Pan is kinda boring. Also, it's super, super politically incorrect with its Native American stereotypes. Yikes. It made me cringe even more than the crows in Dumbo.
The bigger crime for me is the boredom though, as I looked over longingly at Brian, who fell asleep about 25 minutes into the movie (and it's one of his favorites!). Sydney giggled and enjoyed, which is the purpose behind these vintage Disney movie days, so ... achievement: fulfilled. But still, I was going crazy every five minutes that the movie wasn't over yet.
Add Peter Pan to the list of rides and accompanying songs that are better than the movie.

No comments: