Wednesday, July 17

"Put me in, Coach!"

I got an e-mail from the social-media-job guy this afternoon, asking me to come in for a second interview to meet his business partner. You guys, this may turn out to be a real job pretty soon. Wouldn't that be exciting? Of course, we need the money, but also, I need the mental stimulation, and the focus that a job would give me. Also, I need to be able to tell my daughter that I have a job, too.
I appreciate that being a stay-at-home mom is a career and everything, but I really need a job. I want to set an example for Sydney that her mommy works, too, and is capable of helping out with the house in more ways than just cleaning up after everyone.
Several months ago, she asked me, "So, have you ever had a job?" I tried hard to keep the snap out of my voice, but did respond: "Yes. I had a job. I've had a few jobs. And I was damn good at my job. And lest we forget, my job fed your daddy while he was going through school."
So, a job may be coming. It's been almost seven years since I've had a day job. In fact, it's damn close to my seven-year anniversary of quitting my last job: July 21, 2006. (We were in Boston; it was my last day and our five-year wedding anniversary; I was pregnant; and we went to Ruth's Chris for dinner. A good day!!)
Let's see if I can nail this thing on Friday, and get back into the game.

No comments: