Tuesday, July 23

Employed, and it feels so good

Almost seven years ago to the day (7/21/06), I left my job in Boston for our move back to Arizona, and to be a stay-at-home mom for a while. Here we are, seven years and two days later, and I'm ready to jump back into the work force. I'm happy to say that I was offered the job as a social media Community Manager this evening, and I'm excited to get started as soon as Sydney goes back to school.
But you know what's interesting right now? I'm getting nervous. I know I can do this job, and I know I'll do it well. But being back in the game is suddenly very intimidating. I was all ready for this, but in this moment, my stomach is doing flips. There will be plenty of training, and my new bosses are as invested as I am to be sure I know all the ropes and am ready for this new path. Still, I got the nerves.
But it was super cute how excited Sydney was for me. (Brian was doing somersaults, of course.) She grabbed her phone and was ready to text everyone she could to tell them the news. And she was all, "I'm so glad that you finally got a job, Mom!" And she hugged me a whole lot. I'm glad this particular job won't infringe too much on my time with her.
Also, I get to wear jeans and flip flops all the time.

No comments: