Monday, July 1

Book editing would be pretty cool

ITEM!: After spending the last 10 minutes in my bathroom digging at a splinter in my finger, I crashed my knee into my nightstand for the second time tonight when I got back into bed. My knee will be a canvas of random bruises tomorrow, and my finger will continue to throb well into the morning. Also, I smacked my lower leg into the booth when we went for lunch with Katy. These incidents are not uncommon for me lately. I have embraced my "clumsy, yet also unlucky" lifestyle over the last few months.
ITEM!: I've sent in my resume to two job openings over the last two days. The first, from yesterday, is a social media community manager position. The job description is to be awesome, and to do research and postings for companies on their social media sites. I know Facebook and Twitter, of course, but Google+? I thought that was a joke site or something. And LinkedIn? Don't they just send annoying e-mails? The second job, from today, is a book editor for a publishing company. This one intrigues me, because I've always wanted to get into the book publishing game, and this may just be my best chance. I was honest in my cover letter, explaining that while I have extensive editing experience with magazines, I don't have any with books. But even with that, I got a response e-mail ... asking for me to re-send the resume because they couldn't open it (it was formatted in Pages). But still, it's a response that didn't say "no thanks with your no book editing experience."
ITEM!: My plan to empty out my backyard of all the boxes and packing paper from the move is finally inching forward this week. Wednesday morning, the city of Scottsdale is coming by to pick up all my flattened moving boxes for recycling. I have to sort them by size (making it easier to carry them) and empty the packing paper from the picture boxes in the morning, and then Brian will help me take them to the curb tomorrow night. On Friday, another recycling bin will carry away more packing paper. The packing paper will take weeks to get rid of since the city doesn't take it with the boxes, and I'll have to put it out with the weekly pick-up. But still, boxes are leaving on Wednesday! Progress!!
ITEM!: I learned this afternoon that I can't have anything that smells too good on the second-from-the-floor shelf in my pantry, and also leave the pantry door open while I go for lunch. I came home to a small pile of HERSHEY'S COCOA POWDER all over my rug in the dining room. While one dog was exhibiting obvious guilt by lowering a head and refusing to meet my eyes (Daisy), the other was defiant in "innocence." I love how Oliver is perfectly happy letting Daisy take the fall for the incident. But because I'm the mom and I know him too well, I still put my nose to his face, and I could smell the chocolatey guilt on him. Ugh. They didn't get very much cocoa, but I am still stressed about anyone dying from chocolate powder huffing. They seem to be fine tonight, though I'll relax after tomorrow morning's poops. Dogs, man. They crazy.

No comments: