Friday, April 19

That's a map of the T routes

I had a great plan to watch a new movie tonight. I've got three awesome ones from Netflix today: Django Unchained, Life of Pi, and The Dark Knight Rises. I was thinking about Django or Pi, to narrow it down, but then I got to watching the television.
The news stations were camped out in Watertown, Mass., waiting, watching and speculation about the manhunt being conducted for the second suspect in the Marathon bombings in Boston last Monday. I missed quite a bit on the news last night after I went to bed, including a fatal shooting at MIT in Cambridge, and the subsequent car chase, shootout and search throughout the night. I awoke to find Brian's text on my phone from a few hours earlier giving me some information and bemoaning his inability to stop watching the news.
I suffered from that affliction all day today. I couldn't turn off the news. Well, actually, I could turn off CNN, and did, early on this morning, but I was a steady watcher of both MSNBC and NBC's coverage all day. And now, at 10 p.m., I was finally released from the manhunt coverage, with the good news that this awful person has been found and captured, and is now in police custody at a hospital. People are glad that the man was taken alive because they think he'll provide answers, and he just may, but at the end of the day, nothing he says will satisfy anyone trying to find the truth behind his, and his brother's, actions on Monday. Still, any resolution without anymore loss of human life is a good one. I'm glad I was able to watch it firsthand. But I'm tired, and so ready to turn this TV off.
(Boxes done today: 1; as of now: 30.)

No comments: