Saturday, April 6

Thanks, but I'll just have 2

I continue to be unimpressed by 3D movies.
Today, Sydney and I ventured out to enjoy the beauty of Jurassic Park on the big screen, and in 3D. Only because it is Jurassic Park was this okay with me. Movies in 3D are a rip-off as far as I'm concerned. But I think I figured out the other issue I have with the technology: it's distracting.
Here we had Jurassic Park, one of the best movies ever made, and I couldn't concentrate on the film itself, because of the 3D trickery going on. I also wondered if some things weren't put in the film just for the 3D -ness of it. Like palm fronds I don't remember from the original. Or other things like that.
Also, and maybe this is just me, but I've noticed that if a movie isn't filmed specifically for a 3D format, it comes off as blurry in every aspect. And before you get snarky and wonder if it's blurry because I'm not wearing my glasses, I mean that the technology changes seem to have a hard time keeping up with the movie. The 3D bits just make for a more difficult film to watch.
So, once again, I've given the 3D technology another shot at wowing me, and it has fallen short. So, there we go. Even with the wonderfulness of Jurassic Park, watching the 3D movie is a waste of money.

No comments: