Sunday, March 24

Ugh. Cavemen movie, bad

I usually have a stored up, extra bit of patience for going to see a movie for Sydney's age group. Kids' movies have gotten quite sophisticated lately, but in the end, they're still movies aimed at kids, so walking in, you need to lower your expectations a bit. (Pixar has, of course, spoiled all of us for kid movies, so they do not qualify here.)
But then you come across something like The Croods. If I had a dollar for every time I rolled my eyes, looked at Brian to see if he was as bored as I, and wondered if I could check Facebook during this film, I'd be a millionaire. I'm positive that Emma Stone must have signed on to a different script; and I'm sure every other male actor in the world must have said no, which is why Nicolas Cage was allowed to be in this film. It was a painful experience for me from the beginning to the end. It was 90 minutes of my life I want back.
Sydney very much enjoyed it. Sydney laughed out loud a bunch of times. Sydney thinks we should buy the DVD.
I think there were about five previews before that movie that were better than the entirety of that movie.

No comments: