Wednesday, March 27

Well, of course they drink, but ... cool

So, here we are. On the raggedy edge. Things are happening.
ITEM!: Daddy is coming out to visit us next month! I can't begin to tell you how lonely it is out here sometimes, and company is always a very welcome bit of happiness. It'll be fun to have someone new to show the town, also. Between that, and Andrea, Ryan and Lydia being here in May, and Mom in June, I'm like the happiest little girl ever.
ITEM!: The books are in the house, and it's making me feel normal again. I started one on my Nook yesterday, and finished it this afternoon. I've got a paperback to dig into this weekend. It's funny how I can have a stack of books but not feel like reading, and be okay with it, but when I don't have anything to read at all, it makes me twitchy. It was so comfortable just settling in to the book yesterday, and not wanting to do anything other than read.
ITEM!: Sydney went to the weather museum with her class today, and I am beyond intrigued by what it was like. She said it was a cool museum, if smaller than what she's used to in museums, but worth us going back to check out together. I've never been to a weather museum. It sounds awesome.
ITEM!: Easter candy. You would be so proud of me. I put back three bags of Easter candy the other day. I was shopping, and picked up Whopper's Robin's eggs, Reese's miniature peanut butter cups, and some Twix eggs, and then put them back. I knew, by looking at the bags, that Brian wouldn't share them with me, leaving them to me entirely, and I did not want to eat them all. Thank goodness I didn't see any peppermint patties. Because those have less fat, or something. I'd have kept that bag for sure.
ITEM!: No movement yet on the marriage equality issue from the Supreme Court today, though they did hear the argument against 1996's Defense of Marriage Act. Let's hope we get some good news from our friends on the high court, and that, for once, it'll trailblaze for the rest of the country.
ITEM!: This is a picture of snails at the water, and that one on the left is drinking. This may be among my most favorite photos ever.

No comments: