Tuesday, March 5

Pictures of Earth, but better

So, I've fallen in love with a new Twitter account. This particular account was retweeted by Ricky Gervais, whom I adore, last week, and I've become quite obsessed with it. It's called Earth Pics, and the people behind it tweet out cool pictures from all over the planet, as well as some nifty space stuff. But it's mainly just beautiful pictures of places, animals and phenomena from around the globe.
I'm sure these photos should be inspiring in their beauty, but all they really do is make me want to bail on Texas and travel the world experiencing these amazing places myself.
I can't imagine anything cooler than standing at one end of this wooden bridge and taking a picture of the island at the other end of it. I also love all the buildings they're posting: castles, churches, mosques, hotels, skyscrapers, and the like. I know that there is this much beauty in the world, but it's so awesome to have it delivered to my phone several times throughout the day. It makes me happy, and envious, and melancholy, and hopeful. All good things, especially when given by a simple little account on Twitter.
This top one I've repurposed for my Facebook cover photo. If Saturn were as close to the Earth as the moon is, this is what it would look like from here. The second picture was taken in the Maldives.

No comments: