Saturday, March 2

Marshmallows in sugar? Yes, please

ITEM!: Brian and I finally caved to the pressure, and picked up a few kinds of Easter candy this morning at Target. We bought a bag of caramel Hershey's kisses, which are delicious; a Twix egg, which is Brian's to taste because I say that if you're going to buy anything Twix, just buy a Twix, because it's perfect just the way it is; and some purple Peeps, because Sydney wanted to try them, and I was too excited to find someone with whom to share my Easter guilty pleasure. Of special note, I have not bought a single chocolate bunny yet ... yet.
ITEM!: There is brilliance in the concept that is SuperCuts. It means I can go in, get a quick and inexpensive haircut, and I don't feel like I'm cheating on Malia. Also awesome, is that I said to my kid after lunch, "I want to stop and get a haircut. You want to go with me?" She says, "I want a haircut, too! It's getting kinda long." I was only too happy to get her hair trimmed as well. It was getting super long, but I was told a couple months ago that it was not to be cut any time soon. Yay to the quick cut, with no wait, and no guilt!
ITEM!: In regards to last night's post, I will tell you that I have been busy stockpiling my avatars for the next couple years (yes, years! I've got 36 avatars so far, and I've still got more options to download!). Also, this is calming to my neuroses, so that's a positive.
ITEM!: I still haven't started reading Odd Thomas. It's the last book in my To-Be-Read Pile, but I can't seem to make myself crack it and get to reading. I started it several months ago, but then put it down. I'll probably have to start over again when I pick it up. In my head, the roadblock is that I had started it, and then didn't finish it, because it wasn't working for me at the time, and I moved on to something else. And now, I'm thinking that if it wasn't right then, it won't be now, and I should just cut my losses, ditch the book and pick up the Nook.

No comments: