Tuesday, March 26

Equality is good for you

I love that feeling when my entire motivation for doing something is to finish the activity quickly so I can get back to my book.
Today, I changed my profile picture on Facebook to this image.
Via Entertainment Weekly: The Human Rights Campaign changed its blue and yellow logo to a red and pink version of the image of an ‘equals’ sign.
“Red is a symbol for love, and that’s what marriage is all about,” Human Rights Campaign spokesperson Charlie Joughin told MSNBC.com. “We wanted to give people an opportunity to show their support for marriage equality in a public and visible way.”

It's important to show support for marriage equality, and since I can't be standing on the steps of the Supreme Court today, I'll do this. It's something, though still not enough. If the measures to ban marriage equality are defeated, I'll be pleased. If they're not, I'll d the next best thing I can think of: raise a child who believes that all persons are equal to love who they love, and marry who they choose. If I can't help change the world for the better, it's for damn sure I'm going to raise my baby to do it.

No comments: