Friday, March 1

But ... but ... my avatars!!

Ever since the creation of the blog, I've been able to change my avatar monthly, depending on the holiday, weather, my mood or any plans upcoming. Tonight, when I went to change the avatar for March, I was greeted with some distressing news:
Thank you for using Yahoo! Avatars.
To help focus our efforts on core Yahoo! product experiences, we will discontinue Yahoo! Avatars by April 1st 2013.

So, here's my dilemma. Do I accept this change to the blog gracefully, and go in search of a new avatar creator? Or do I go ape-shit crazy and create as many avatars as I can in the next month, save them in a new folder on my hard drive, and pick and choose for the upcoming months on the blog for as long as I can? I hate change. I mean, how can I predict how my hair will be in October? Or what we'll be doing in November? Or even my mood next February? You can see how I'm leaning right now, can't you? I'm tempted to go ape-shit crazy with the avatar creator for the next month. I mean, really, if I make a pact to create three new avatars every day, I'll have 90 by the end of the month. And that's a whole bunch more years for the blog. Should I stick with the one hairstyle? Probably. Or just change back and forth between the three or four I've favored over the last several years?
Ugh. I hate you, Yahoo!, for messing around with my system.

1 comment:

Athena RS said...

There's a teeny-weeny chance that this might be an April Fool's joke...