Friday, March 29

Back to the DESERT!!

Once again, when you post something on Facebook, it becomes real.
Today, I finally posted the big news, that we are moving back to Arizona. We're waiting until June, after Sydney finishes school, before moving the household, but it's official, dears, we are moving back to the desert. And actually, we're super excited about it.
Texas was not a good idea, come to find out, and we're cutting bait and heading home.
The discussion about Arizona though, has brought about a commitment on our part that didn't exist before for Brian and I. We decided that moving back to Arizona meant that we would be living in Arizona. For like, a really long time. This was our move, and this was where we would land. No more would we consider Arizona to be the place that we're hanging out until we figure out where we wanted to live. From this move, we are settling down our roots. We're going to do what grown-ups do and buy a house, I think. I may just plant that little fruit orchard I've been planning in my head for years. Sydney and I may plant some flowers in an actual flower bed.
Also, going up to the snow in the winter. Or regular trips to the lake during the summer. Hikes up "A" Mountain. Maybe camping trips? My mind is buzzing with the possibilities.
Also, I'm going to get a job.
I can't wait to drive my butt out of here.

No comments: